Aggravated Jock Itch

Hi, I suffered from jock itch for last few months, so I applied candid dusting powder which helped for a while but the itching always came back. So I took the cream clobiprop nm from a pharmacy and applied it helped and it reduced the ring shaped rashes but as soon as I stopped using it the rash and itch comes back. After struggling with this 2-3 times I applied Clop-GM which I know is a very strong cream. It took care of the ring rash but now I have white dry skin around my crotch which hurts and itches. Please suggest some cure for this problem.

Doctor Answers (1) on Aggravated Jock Itch

Hi. Greetings. FIRSTLY STOP USING THOSE RANDOM CREAMS GIVEN BY CHEMISTS TO EVERY ONE FOR ITCH. THESE ARE NOT GOOD NOR ARE THEY SAFE!!!! Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM OR CLOP GM , ETC.. this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Further queries or appointment requests may be sent on follow up messaging. Dr Govind Suresh Mittal.