Acute cough- 10 days

My father is suffering from acute productive cough for many days now. He is in great discomfort. Tried ayurveda, steam, home made kada etc, but no relief. Request help.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Does he also have breathing problem? Is he a smoker? Whatever treatment you go with you have to realise that if he is a smoker then he has to quit smoking. He needs treatment with antibiotics and a expectorant.  Kindly consult a pulmonologist or a general physician in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 11 yrs exp Delhi

1. Since when do you have this cough ? 2. Is the cough wet or Dry ? 3. Have you ever got tested yourself for Tuberculosis - Tuberculin Test, Chest XRAY . 4. Do you have any history of Asthma or COPD? 5. Do you have any allergy problems? 6. Do you have Constipation ? 7. Do you have Acidity problems ? Please answer all the above questions and I will send you a complete treatment protocol and you will get rid of your problem immediately.

Hello.. Well productive cough needs to be treated before it becomes infectitious... I suggest you to consult a  physician or a pulmonologist so that they can examine you as you have been suffering from it from quite sometime now...you also need to get a chest xray done t to evaluate you... thank you
Dr. V. Hari Prasad
General Physician 6 yrs exp Chennai
I need your fathers personal and past history,certain investigations like chest x-ray,pulmonary function test and physical examination to come to conclusion for the cause of cough.
first visit general physician /pulmonologist (respiratory specialist)in a hospital with good infrastructure
check sugar,cholesterol,bp and faecal occult bood tests.have pneumococci and influenza vaccines annually.
Dr. Pradipt Ranjan Sahoo
General Physician 15 yrs exp Bhubaneswar
Take Tab Augmenting(625mg)-  3times a day for 7days after food.Syr Broncorex/Ascoril expect-2bottle,10 ml 3 times a day after food for 7 days,Tab xyzal-m ,once daily,before dinner for 20 days..Consult Pulmonologist to rule out Tuberculosis,if cough persists..