Acne treatment
I've been taking Sotret 10mg daily for my acne issue along with acne peels done once in two weeks along with a salicylic acid face wash and acne gel in the night. I'm on my 10th day now. I was wondering if I could also do some home remedies to keep my skin condition in control, like using tomato, honey, lemon yogurt and turmeric. My skin is still oily and I've got dry lips (cause of the medicine). Also by when will my initial breakout out end? My skin has become worse than it was. Pls help.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Don't experiment with home remedies right now. The best home remedy is to eat right - eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Sotret can cause initial worsening in many patients so don't worry. This is a part of course of treatment for many. Also see your doctor if u need any additional medications to curb the out break like short course low dose steroids for two weeks which is save and good. Effect will come anything after three weeks and improves with time. Don't worry. Further queries can be sent on follow up chat. Dr Govind Suresh Mittal, Bangalore