Acne scars

I'm having acne scars can I get laser treatment .. I'm really fed up of using all those gels . My friends make fun of me.. Pls help

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne scars

Dr. Rashmi Soni Lohiya Pune | Dermatologist
Hello, Acne scars is a very distressing condition with a lot of negative effects on self confidence thereby affecting social interactions too. There are several modalities of treatments for acne scars like microneedling, Derma rollers, PRP and ofcourse Laser. A combination of different modalities customised keeping in mind each individual, skin types, severity of scars, lifestyle and ofcourse budget give best results. These are all done in multiple sessions. It requires a few months for the entire plan. A very important fact that you need to keep in mind is that no treatment will give you 100 % clear and smooth skin. You can expect upto 60% of reduction in scars depending on individual response to treatment. Also you need to follow the post care instructions your doctor advises. Another important suggestion is that get the treatment done from a experienced and qualified dermatologist only. Hope this helps. All the best. Regards, Dr Rashmi Soni Lohiya DDV, DNB, MD Skinsure clinic.