Acne scars

I had a very bad acne breakout during my school and days. Although the appearance of acne is now almost nil, the scars left behind by them is not yet gone. The scars are what the internet calls as boxcar scars and some blemishes are also there. My skin type is oily. Is there any way to rid my skin off these scars and blemishes completely?

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne scars

Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hello, there are effective treatments to minimize the appearance of acne scars like- microneedling, PRP therapy, CO2 laser, MNRF treatment, scar surgery. Sometimes more than one modality is combined to get best outcome. Visible results are normally seen after 3 to 4 sessions spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. Treatment depends on factors such as skin type, acne scar type and lifestyle factors so the treatment is individualized.
Kindly visit a skin specialist to know what's best suitable for you
Use sunscreen daily to protect skin from harmful sunrays. You may visit for details on acne scar treatment.