Acne scars

After a horrific acne breakout I am left with flat acne marks that are not going away. Please recommend the best course of treatment.

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne scars

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
In my center i would start you on anti acne treatment (retinoid/retinoid-bpo combination or retinoid capsules) along with creams to reduce pigmentation. If it is responding well to medical treatment, the same canbe continued for 3 to 4 months. If not, after a month of medical treatment, you can start undergoing procedures like chemical peel. To avoid side effects of peels we use anti pimple medicines for a month to adjust your skin (known as priming). If you want quicker you can undergo a light treatment like laser, called as IPL. IPL can be started immediately for reducing both active pimples and for marks. If you are interested in undergoing these treatments you can fix an appointment with me. It generally takes 3 months to 5 months to have clear skin. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore