Acne scar treatment

Sir ,I have type 4 acne scar on my face.Can it be treated using any kind of treatment including laser etc?? If it is how many seatings are required to fix it? and what may be the approximate cost of such treatment?

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne scar treatment

Thanks for the query.
Scars are amenable to various treatment options and it has to be customized based on your scar type. Acne scars are basically 4 types and each may need a different approach. The treatment depends on the duration of scar and ability to follow-up. The advance treatment option includes Fractional CO2 lasers in multiple sessions and is currently the procedure of choice. Other options include dermaroller with or without mesotherapy, subcision and some other procedure. Certain patient benefit when oral medications are given concomitantly. Topical creams may be of little use and will supplement laser treatment.
Meet an expert on treating acne scars.
Avoid self medications.