Acne related

My doctor subscribed me an antibiotic and vitamin b complex plus c to heal the acne. He called me for a peel off process next. Say I do not want to go through the peel off process as I'm happy with the skin now. What's the procedure that'll be followed now? I know I should consult my Dermatologist itself however I'm curious to know the general process that's followed if a person does not want to go through the peel off process. My Dermatologist shouts at patients and hence I want to check with the experts here whether my question is unreasonable or not? If it makes sense I really intend to know the procedure that'll follow. Also how long can one take antibiotics?

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne related

Greetings - kindly note the following: 1. For anyone - if the person being spoken to is not unreasonable - then there's no reason to shout. Please see a qualified dermatologist with whom you can discuss your issues - however, do not thrust your google knowledge onto him - and take opinions and advice with an open mind 2. Chemical peeling is safe and improves the prognosis and outcome in acne patients - also probably hastens improvement 3. antibiotics should not be taken for more than 4 to 6 weeks- depending on antibiotic given to you 4. If peeling is an affordable option - you should probably go ahead with it 5. There's no "compulsory" option to opt for peel - in case you just feel that you want to continue with creams - however, response may be relatively slow.
see a qualified dermatologist near you
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging