My doctor subscribed me an antibiotic and vitamin b complex plus c to heal the acne. He called me for a peel off process next. Say I do not want to go through the peel off process as I'm happy with the skin now. What's the procedure that'll be followed now?
I know I should consult my Dermatologist itself however I'm curious to know the general process that's followed if a person does not want to go through the peel off process.
My Dermatologist shouts at patients and hence I want to check with the experts here whether my question is unreasonable or not? If it makes sense I really intend to know the procedure that'll follow.
Also how long can one take antibiotics?
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
Greetings - kindly note the following:
1. For anyone - if the person being spoken to is not unreasonable - then there's no reason to shout. Please see a qualified dermatologist with whom you can discuss your issues - however, do not thrust your google knowledge onto him - and take opinions and advice with an open mind
2. Chemical peeling is safe and improves the prognosis and outcome in acne patients - also probably hastens improvement
3. antibiotics should not be taken for more than 4 to 6 weeks- depending on antibiotic given to you
4. If peeling is an affordable option - you should probably go ahead with it
5. There's no "compulsory" option to opt for peel - in case you just feel that you want to continue with creams - however, response may be relatively slow.
see a qualified dermatologist near you
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.