Acne pimples

I keep getting pimples all over my face for last 10 years. I have been through treatment number of times. They disappear however start re-appearing after couple of months. I don't know how to get rid of this problem. Some people have suggested that I go for harmone test. I feel very depressed looking at my face. Please

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne pimples

Dr. Rasya Dixit Bangalore | Dermatologist
Hi You seem to be having adult acne. This acne is due to underlying lifestyle choices like smoking, stress, junk food intake and lack of exercise. Please change your diet and include plenty of fruits and vegetables. Avoid junk foods and exercise regularly. The treatment of adult acne is often oral retinol tablets. These give good improvement and even after tablets are stopped there are usually no recurrences. However they have to be taken under strict medical supervison. Please contact a dermatologist who can examine you and prescribe the appropriate skin care products and treatments