Acne & Pimple scars

I'm suffering from acne and pimple scars for the past four to five years. I have consulted four to five dermatologists till now,but then also I couldn't get rid of this problem. It makes me to feel inferior than others and i start to lose my self confidence because of those scars. Kindly help me out.

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne & Pimple scars

Hi. Greetings. Pimples may often leave spots especially if not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. Don't get disheartened, prompt and regular treatment will definitely help you. Don't allow your looks to lead you to depression. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Send in your pictures if you need further assistance. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.