Acne outbreak

I get acne outbreak every winters and it worsens with leaving scars. I had a dose of isotretoinin for six months in 2014. It cleared for some time but again has come out.

Dr. Rajdeep

Please follow up with your dermatologist. Acne treatment is a continuing process. Once it has come under control I put my patients on some sort of maintainence therapy to prevent recurrence. In spite of this when acne recurrs I ask my patients to follow up with me. There are a variety of reasons for acne to recurr. Increased intake of proteins (non vegetarian diet, milk products, protein supplements) or oily and fried food. Also other factors like stress, hormonal changes and weight gain can increase your acne. In spite of treatment if there are recurrences hormone tests need to be done. I usually reduce the dose of isotretinoin and keep my patients on a weekly once or weekly twice dose of isotretinoin to prevent recurrence. This low dose can be continued for atleast a year. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore