Acne on face!

I'm 20 and I've never had pimples all my life. Ever! But now suddenly I see a lot of acne on my face from the past 4-6 months. Not only acne but the acne also leaves marks which do not go. I don't understand why this is happening and I'm really worried. Is this something serious? Should I get any tests done? Please suggest a solution.

Doctor Answers (2) on Acne on face!

. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots. 2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream will reduce acne and oiliness 3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed 5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots. Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead 6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat. Hope this helps. Warm regards
Dr. Syed Rahil Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Greetings! Thanks for the query. Acne can affect any age but it is more common in young people. Treatment of acne depends on its severity. Mild acne can be treated with creams/ gel whereas moderate to severe acne needs oral medications in addition to topical treatment. I would suggest you to see a dermatologist who will assess your acne and customise a treatment plan. If acne is treated in initial stages with the correct medications then the risk of scarring and hyperpigmentation is minimal.
Please visit a Dermatologist for evaluation and treatment of your acne problem.
Please avoid delay in seeking Expert opinion as it will lead to delay in the initiation of appropriate treatment leading to (avoidable) complications.