Acne and uneven skin tone

I am having acne problem on forehead and both side cheeks since months. I had also consulted a a doctor who prescribed me benzac A(5%). But it is not healing yet. Can you please provide me solution for this. I also wish to apply light makeup , will this increase the problem.

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne and uneven skin tone

Hi. Greetings. Please note : Acne is a common problem at your age. Milk - excessive consumption can worsen acne. Reduce intake of chocolates and junk food too. Use a topical retinoid cream daily night. You may need a short course of antibiotics. Discuss other suitable forms of treatment with your dermatologist. For uneven skin tone, You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the dark marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the areas. For post acne scars and rejuvenation, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Send in your pictures if you need further assistance. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Use non comedogenic make up which is safe for those with acne. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.