Acne and skin darkening
Hello mam,this is harini...mam i had been diagonized with pcod two years ago..since then i have been troubled with acne and skin darkening..i have been applying face packs every week to clear out acne..but some people tell person with pcod whatever they do or apply it wont work out..it made me soo sad..mam please clear me out..is it true non of the face packs etc wont work out...mam my face is full of acne and everyday a new one arises :'(

Dr. D.P. Jayanth
Dermatologist 16 yrs exp Mysore
PCOD with acne is very different from acne in teenagers. There is a strong hormonal issue. Kindly consult a dermatologist at the earliest. Your hormonal tests need to be done and may be ultrasound abdomen to confirm PCOD diagnosis. Face packs don't help. You may need hormonal tablets to reduce acne and regularise periods. There will be results in few weeks time. You may need ongoing treatment. Kindly consult early to prevent black marks and scarring. Good luck !