Acne and oily skin

I have an oily skin ...nd im also suffering from acne problem...ive used many expensive face wash nd creams...but all in vain..i just cannot get rid of the excessive oil specially on my forehead nd nose...despite washing my face twice a day...pls suggest a solution to it...

Dr. Batul Patel
Dermatologist/Cosmetologist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
Hello Oily skin means your sebaceous glands which are the oil producing glands which are very active in an oily skin. These glands become active at liberty and then start reducing in size after puberty I.e at age of 12 to 14 years...in some individual these glands do not become small and continue to produce oil..any facewash or creams only work externally to make skin dry which in return counteracts and makes the gland produce more oil...you need oral medications which work to change the sebaceous glands. the medication needs to be taken in supervision of a dermatologist. That is the best treatment. Hope this helps Best Dr Batul Patel You can come for a consultation at my clinic. Www.Drbatul. com