Acidity issues

Sir/madam, I have frequent acidity issues. Most of the time I have burning in the oesaphageal tract but if I take antacids it's under ctrl. But occasionally I get burning in the stomach region. Can u please guide me. Do I have ulcers???

Doctor Answers (1) on Acidity issues

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,, 1.Refined Food – Refined food like white bread, refined sugar is difficult to digest and leads to increased irritation on the stomach lining. Thus, food like pastries, burgers etc should be avoided. 2.Fat – Gastritis is basically the inflammation of the stomach lining, which is enhanced due to fatty acids. Sources of fatty acids are fried chicken, fried onions, fried eggs etc. Boiled eggs are safe but fried eggs are a great source of fatty acids, which increases the stomach lining inflammation. 3.Spicy Food – Spicy food needless to say increases inflammation in the stomach. Spicy food may include direct intake of chillies, intake of high amount of spice everyday, mustard etc. Here is what to eat - eat fresh fruits and vegetables which has high fibre helps both gastritis and digestion problem. There is no restrictions to drinking water,, drink as much as water. Avoid lemon juice during acute attack or gastritis, Eating curd rice soothens gastritis. Can take antigastrits tablets like pan-dsr, one tablet morning in empty stomach. To confirm for ulcers you need to undergo endoscopy procedure, general surgeon will carryout the procedure.