Acid Reflux
Hi, I am suffering from throat irritation and dry cough since couple of years. I have done blood reports, Chest x-ray. However all reports are normal. I have following symptoms: • Throat irritation i.e feeling of something is stuck in throat resulting in coughing. Can also some red irritated marks in throat. At times there is continuous coughing (dry cough) • Feeling tired most of the times • Rare chest pains for fraction of seconds – as if it is an attack • Throat is more irritated when I wake up in morning. Once I brush and take some fluids , irritation becomes less however it does not go completely Are these symptoms of Acid reflux? Any specific test or specialist which can trace whether I am suffering from Acid reflux or not. Regards
68 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. R. Kamalakannan
Gastroenterologist 18 yrs exp Chennai
You should consult a ENT specialist / Chest physician first. If they say everything is normal  in throat but still you have problems,  then you consult a gastroenterologist . You may need Endoscopy / 24 hrs ph monitoring test. I guess you have acid reflux.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?