Accessory breast tissue

I'm a medical student and from what I have read in my textbooks and seen, i suspect that i have accessory breast tissue in my axilla. It periodically pains according to the hormonal changes in my menstrual cycle. I would like to know which doctor should I consult? Can it be treated/exised after examination and appropriate investigations? If so, will a mammogram diagnose it?
views-icons 49 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Accessory breast tissue

doctor profile image
Dr. Sheetal Aversekar Mumbai | Diabetologist
It will be better if you consult a breast surgeon for the same. He/She will be in a better position to clear your doubts.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?