Accentrix injections

Hello, My wife had viral fever and she has issue with vision in one eye.Viral fever lasts only for 2 days. But she has still issue with vision. We have done all diagnosis and doctor has suggested Accentrix/Lucentis injection. I just wanted to know is it safe to take this kind of injection in eye? Are there any side effects of it ?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. you can use this injection without fear....side effects are there but the risk is very minimal 2. kindly send me the medical record for guiding you better

Hello There. I can understand your concern. i'm sure you would have consulted a doctor who is a specialist and not a quack. so when he suggests you something, he knows what he is doing. accentrix is Ranibizumab, which is used in treatment of macular degeneration often. yes you can go ahead with this . there is no problem with such injections. they have undergone a lot of clinical trials and have been proved effective. it can be administered intravitreally only. and usually done once a month for upto 12 doses. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.