About acne& blackheads
My son age 17 yrs is having black heads and acne since 3 yrs. He is very much interested in laser treatment . I want u to give me suggestions. What should I do

Dr. Vijay Adhe
Dermatologist 10 yrs exp Pune
Hi Blackhead is the initial stage of acne only. Which later turns to red pimples and pus filled boils if not treated. Laser is just one of the treatment options for acne. Other treatment options are topical creams, oral medicines and peels. Treatment is individualised and is usually a combination of options depending on the grade of acne as well type of skin he has. Success of acne treatment depends on consistency and maintenance of results once they are controlled. Kindly get consultation from qualified dermatologist to know best possible treatment for him. Hope this helps. Regards Dr Vijay Adhe, Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic, Pune. www.eternisclinic.com