Aborting 6week Pregnancy

Hi.. I got my last periods on Jan 9th but this month it got delayed by 6 days & I got positive pregnancy test. But me & my husband dint plan a kid at this time. So we thought of taking pill (mifepristone) medication at home. Is it advisable? What will be the side effects? Please guide.

Doctor Answers (2) on Aborting 6week Pregnancy

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. It's not at all advisable. First get a USG done to see the site of the implantation. If its a extrauterine, it will be a big problem. And always take such medicines under a expert supervision. Therefore consult a obstetrician, she will help you for sure. Regards
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
I will not recommend you to take Medications on your own as it may be dangerous to you and may land you in serious issues...taking pills is absolutely safe to have an abortion from oral agents under the supervision of a gynecologist within the first trimester...so I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful if your reason for abortion is legitimate.