Abnormal hair color

Hello !!!! I'm a brunette . I recently found out that my armpit hairs are all turned out to be yellow . I thought it's dirt so I cleaned thoroughly but it didn't went away so I shaved them in a salon. But unfortunately the new hairs are also coming sandy type color which is strange as I'm brunette like my other Indian friends. What's the cause of it and is there any home remedies for it ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Abnormal hair color

Dr. Zubin Mandlewala Mumbai | Trichologist
Hi. From your brief description, you possibly have a condition called trichomycosis axillaris which is a very superficial bacterial infection of the hair shaft (some nodule like concretions are stuck on the hair) of underarms. Sometimes the armpits can also smell because of this bacterial growth on the hair. It is a symptomless condition and it is best to shave or clip the hair from the underarms. You can also use antiperspirants to reduce the sweating in the area or topical antibiotic like clindamycin gel (shaving off the hair is still the best option).

Regards,
Dr. Zubin Mandlewala
MUMBAI