A lump on belly with pain

My father had suffered by Herpes around his belly 2 years back, which I believe brought his skin loosened, since then he has a lump of around 1 inch developed on left-hand side of his belly, just below rib-cage. We visited a General Physician for the same, we had sonography & MRI scan also done for it, where doctor said it is nothing, just the skin loosened due to herpes, and said nothing to worry, it will get cured in few months. Now after 15 months, since last 2 months he experiences pain while sitting and feels that the lump moves upward near rib-cage when he sits. We sought for a recommendation, which specialist should we visit to diagnose this? We are not getting clue what is it?

Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Sir, Since the sonogram and MRI have come clear, it might be a lymphoma which is accumulation of fat under the skin. It is usually painless but can be painful if it interferes with a nerve supply. It will be better if you can consult a skin specialist for it.