A little blood after sex

My partner and me were trying to have sex for the first time and I was using a condom. After a couple of times of me trying to enter her, she had lot of pain and there were few drops of blood coming out of her vagina. We stopped, cleaned and examined the area to see what looked like a small cut in the bottom of the vagina. She was feeling a burning sensation but the pain subsided in sometime. Again, after some 20mins or so there was little blood in that area. Now, even after more than 24hrs there is discharge along with little thick blood but the interval has increased to several hours and there is no pain or burning sensation. What could be the reason for this? Is it because of a tear or something else? My partner is due for her periods in 4-5 days. Could it be due to early arrival of her menstrual cycle? We're confused. Please help us. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on A little blood after sex

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
it can be due to tear in the vagina. it can happen with a forceful insertion. there is nothing to worry, give time and it woudl heal on its own