48 days lmp No period npt

48 days since my last period . One faint positive one Negative pregnancy test. What should I do further. Should I consult a gync or wait for my periods

Doctor Answers (1) on 48 days lmp No period npt

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, most common cause of missing periods is pregnancy unless ruled out.. In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her..Consult Gynecologist for further advice...