cancer-icon
4 cm Tumour in liver
My father has been diabetic patient for last 20 years. From last 6 month he is having recurrent fever and reduced weight apprx 8 kg, after diagnosis found felcifarum fever and some problem in liver doctor has given treatment for falciferum fever and refer to gastrentrologist. After diagnosis by gastrentrologist told that my father is having cancer tumour and advised for pet-CT I am worried now what to do,where to go, please help. So many report are there but only 2 can attached Reports are attached

Dr. Shubham Jain
Surgical Oncologist 6 yrs exp Delhi

I suggest you need to get a triphasic CECT of the abdomen to appropriately diagnose the problem. As pointed out it could be a liver cancer on a background of cirrhosis with evidence of portal venous thrombosis. He will also require a bone scan to rule out metastatic disease. Depending on general condition and liver parameters he may be considered for appropriate treatment.
Dr. Sandeep Nayak
Surgical Oncologist 19 yrs exp Bangalore
Your father needs further work up. The CT scan report indicates long term liver damage probably due to alcohol or hepatitis. The doctors need to prove the diagnosis and proceed. PET may not be the best investigation at present. Please consult a surgical oncologist.