Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Vinoth

Dr. Vinoth

Profile is claimed

MS - ENT, DNB - Otorhinolaryngology, MBBS, MRCS (UK)

ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist


Otologist/ Neurotologist


Head and Neck Surgeon


9 Years Experience Overall  (5 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

91% (11 votes)

DR. Vinoth is a Consultant -ENT / Head and Neck Surgery, currently working in Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Porur, Chennai. field of interests is Ear problems, Sinus Surgery, Voice Rehabilitation, Paediatric ENT and Skull base.

3 clinics for General Consultation

General Consultation
Search procedure

T Nagar, Chennai

SIMS Poly Clinic

No A1 & A2 Duraiswamy Subway GC Tower t nagar, Landmark: Near KP Jewellery, Chennai

Get Directions

Mon - Fri

08:00 - 04:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist?

A: An ear-nose-throat (ENT) doctor specializes in the treatment of conditions related to the ear, nose, and throat. Otorhinolaryngologist is another name by which an ENT doctor is referred to. ENT is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and conditions of the ear, nose, throat, and related areas of the head and neck.

Q: Is an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist and an Otorhinolaryngologist different?

A: Otorhinolaryngologist is a doctor who treats conditions related to the ear, nose and throat. The more commonly used name to refer to an otorhinolaryngologist is an ENT specialist. Any health conditions that involves the ear, nose and throat are treated by an ENT doctor.ENT doctors administer medication or do surgical procedures to correct any physical defects in these organs.

Q: Does one need a referral to consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist?

A: Generally, a person can consult an ENT specialist by taking a prior appointment. Those who have not booked an appointment can walk into the doctor’s clinic and wait in a queue for a consultation. In some cases, a patient may be referred to by another doctor or general physician to an ENT specialist. Such people may consult with a referral

Q: Should one consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist in case of sinusitis?

A: An ENT specialist deals with problems related to ear, nose, and throat. A chronic infection of the sinuses causes sinusitis. You may visit a primary care doctor for sinusitis problem, but an ENT is the final authority to treat the condition. The sinuses are interconnected parts to the ear and nose, so an ENT is the best for treating sinusitis.

Q: Should one consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist in case of injury to head and neck?

A: When a person gets injured in the head and neck, the first doctor that handles the case may be a trauma specialist or a neurologist. An ENT specialist deals with ear, nose, and throat, and related areas of head and neck. For better clarity of the impact of the injury, diagnosis and treatment consultation with an ENT is required

Awards and Recognitions

Gold Medalist in MS Exams in Indraprastha University New Delhi - 2015


View all (4)
MS - ENT - Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi, 2015
DNB - Otorhinolaryngology - National Board Of Examination, 2015
MBBS - Coimbatore Medical College, 2011


Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS)
Association of Otolaryngologists of India (AOI)
National Academy of Medical Sciences


2015 - 2018 Assistant Professor at Sri Ramachandra Medical College (SRMC)


93862 Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 2011
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
SIMS Poly Clinic
Change Clinic
T Nagar
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.