Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. Shriram Krishnamoorthy

Dr. Shriram Krishnamoorthy

Dr. Shriram Krishnamoorthy

Profile is claimed

DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery, MBBS



Joint Replacement Surgeon

10 Years Experience Overall  (6 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

100% (61 votes)


2 clinics for General Consultation

General Consultation
Bankart Repair
Knee Replacement
Search procedure

Adyar, Chennai

Dr.Kamakshi Clinic


#6, 3rd Cross Street, Kasthuribhai Nagar, Landmark: Near Nalli Silks, Chennai

Get Directions

+ 1

Mon - Sat

10:30 - 01:00
04:30 - 06:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.

Awards and Recognitions

View all (8)
AO Basic Trauma Certified - 2015
Immediate Trauma Life Support (ITLS) - 2014
Basic Illizarov Certified - 2014
CTEV Certified - 2014
PG Paper Presentation ( Staged Treatment in Type 3 B Open Tibial Fracture - Oasiscon 2014 - 2014


DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery - Natboard New Delhi, 2014
MBBS - Pondicherry University, 2010


Tamilnadu Medical Council
Indian Orthopaedic Association
Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association
Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India


2014 - 2015 Observership at Govt. Medical College
2009 - 2010 Resident Officer at Govt. General Hospital


89230 Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 2010
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Dr.Kamakshi Clinic
Change Clinic
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.