Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. S.K.Ravichandran

Dr. S.K.Ravichandran

MBBS, Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology (DLO), MS - ENT

ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist


Head and Neck Surgeon


Pediatric Otorhinolaryngologist


27 Years Experience Overall  (25 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

91% (1601 votes)

Dr. S.K. Ravichandran MS-DLO completed all his degrees from Govt Institution DLO from Madras Medical College, MS from Madurai Medical College. He stood University first in DLO 1995 batch and University first in MS 1998 batch. Dr. S.K. Ravichandran has been practicing ENT Surgery since 1995 in and around Tambaram, he also visits Pammal, Medavakkam, Perungalathur, Guduvancheri, SP Koil.

Tambaram, Chennai

Nalayini Endoscopic ENT Clinic


2/17, Kennedy Street, West Tambaram, Landmark: Behind AG Hospital, Chennai

Get Directions

Mon - Sat

10:00 - 02:00
06:00 - 09:00


10:00 - 02:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist?

A: An ear-nose-throat (ENT) doctor specializes in the treatment of conditions related to the ear, nose, and throat. Otorhinolaryngologist is another name by which an ENT doctor is referred to. ENT is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and conditions of the ear, nose, throat, and related areas of the head and neck.

Q: Is an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist and an Otorhinolaryngologist different?

A: Otorhinolaryngologist is a doctor who treats conditions related to the ear, nose and throat. The more commonly used name to refer to an otorhinolaryngologist is an ENT specialist. Any health conditions that involves the ear, nose and throat are treated by an ENT doctor.ENT doctors administer medication or do surgical procedures to correct any physical defects in these organs.

Q: Does one need a referral to consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist?

A: Generally, a person can consult an ENT specialist by taking a prior appointment. Those who have not booked an appointment can walk into the doctor’s clinic and wait in a queue for a consultation. In some cases, a patient may be referred to by another doctor or general physician to an ENT specialist. Such people may consult with a referral

Q: Should one consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist in case of sinusitis?

A: An ENT specialist deals with problems related to ear, nose, and throat. A chronic infection of the sinuses causes sinusitis. You may visit a primary care doctor for sinusitis problem, but an ENT is the final authority to treat the condition. The sinuses are interconnected parts to the ear and nose, so an ENT is the best for treating sinusitis.

Q: Should one consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist in case of injury to head and neck?

A: When a person gets injured in the head and neck, the first doctor that handles the case may be a trauma specialist or a neurologist. An ENT specialist deals with ear, nose, and throat, and related areas of head and neck. For better clarity of the impact of the injury, diagnosis and treatment consultation with an ENT is required

Awards and Recognitions

Prof Kameshwaran Gold Medalist for DLO - 1994
University First in DLO - 1994
University First in MS ( ENT ) - 1998
PV Cherian Gold Medal for MS (ENT ) - 1998
AOI Ist Prize for MS ENT - 1998


MBBS - Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, 1992
Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology (DLO) - Madras Medical College, Chennai, 1995
MS - ENT - Madurai Medical College, 1998


Indian Medical Association (IMA)


2012 - 2016 Working at Deepam Hospitals


51027 Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 1992
Report an Error