Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah

MBBS, Diploma in Orthopaedics, DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery



Joint Replacement Surgeon


16 Years Experience Overall  (16 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

94% (16 votes)

Dr. Biswajit primarily does primary and complex hip replacement surgeries including hip resurfacing. He also performs primary knee replacement, partial knee replacement, shoulder replacement and reverse shoulder replacement surgeries. Dr. Biswajit also has a strong interest in data analysis and health analytics.

No clinic is associated with this doctor.
If you are looking to book an appointment, find Orthopedist near you who are available right now.
Find Orthopedist

Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.


Revision Hip Replacement
Revision Knee Replacement
Reverse Shoulder Replacement
Knee Arthroscopy
shoulder Arthroscopy
Fracture and Complex Trauma

Awards and Recognitions

Best Paper Award At Madras Orthopedic Society - 2005


MBBS - J.S.S Medical College, Mysore, 1998
Diploma in Orthopaedics - Kasturba Medical College, 2002
DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery - J.S.S Medical College, Mysore, 2004


Indian Arthroscopy Society
AO Trauma Foundation
Indian Medical Association (IMA)


2002 - 2004 Clinical Tutor at Al SHifa Hospital
2004 - 2006 Senior Registrar at Apollo Speciality Hospitals
2006 - 2009 Clinical Associate at Apollo Speciality Hospitals
2010 - 2015 Present Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Apollo Speciality Hospitals


88488 Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 2010
Report an Error