208 Best Doctors for Cerebral Palsy Treatment in Bangalore
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What steps are involved in the diagnosis of cerebral palsy?
Steps involved in the diagnosis of cerebral palsy are
- evaluation of signs and symptoms
- medical history
- physical examination
- further tests like cranial ultrasound, electroencephalogram,MRI scan, CT scan, blood and urine test.
2. What are the risk factors associated with cerebral palsy?
Risk factors associated with cerebral palsy are
- low birth weight, premature birth
- breech presentation
- Rh factor incompatibility
- maternal infections, maternal exposure to toxic substances
- bacterial meningitis
- multiple babies
3. How is cerebral palsy treated?
Treatment of cerebral palsy consists of
- medications like Botox, diazepam, tizanidine, baclofen
- muscle training and exercises
- speech therapy, occupational therapy
- surgery like orthopedic surgery, rhizotomy
- recreational therapy, counselling
4. What age group is generally affected with cerebral palsy?
Children are generally affected by cerebral palsy. It is the most common disability in childhood and is more common among boys.
5. Is cerebral palsy a preventable condition?
Cerebral palsy is not a preventable condition in most of the cases. In pregnancy, you can take following precautions
- regular vaccinations
- adequate prenatal care
- avoid smoking/alcoholism
- good hygiene and well-balanced diet