29 doctors available in Central bangalore
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. How successful are knee replacements?
There is almost 95% of success rate for knee replacement surgeries when performed well by experienced surgeons and the protocols are adhered to. Knee replacement provides immediate relief from pain and the implants stay in a good condition for almost 10-20 years.
2. How much does Knee Replacement cost in Bangalore?
Cost of Knee Replacement surgery in bangalore is as following:
- Minimum amount to be paid for Knee Replacement starts from Rs.1,43,000.
- Average charges for Knee Replacement is approximately Rs.2,20,000.
- Maximum cost for Knee Replacement in Bangalore is up to Rs.3,50,000.
The expenses for Knee Replacement may vary according to the following factors:
- Doctor fee
- Hospital charges
- Medical condition
- Type of implants/consumables
- Type of Knee Replacement Surgery (Unilateral/Bilateral)
- Lab Tests recommended
3. Right specialists type for Knee Replacement?
Your doctor would hold an valid degree of specialization in Orthopedic Surgery or Orthopedics. Moreover, the doctor should have experience in knee replacement surgery.
4. When should knee replacement surgery be done?
The knee replacement is major surgery and mostly, it is suggested when other treatments like physiotherapy, steroid injections, medications etc. are not acting/working in reducing the severe knee pain or not helping in improving the knee movement.
5. Is knee replacement safe?
The risks involved with knee replacement are less and they may differ from one patient to another. However, the knee replacement procedure is often safe in majority of the patients.