1. How much does Bariatric Surgery cost?
Minimum charges for Bariatric Surgery in Bangalore starts from Rs.2, 28,000
Average Price for Bariatric Surgery in Bangalore is approximately Rs.3,03,750
Maximum cost for Bariatric Surgery in Bangalore is up to Rs.3,50,000
The following might be the factors which contribute to the variation of cost for Bariatric Surgery :
- Medical Condition
- Type of Facility(Hospital) & Room that you opt for
- Post Surgical Complications
- Time to recovery
- The method used for Bariatric Surgery
2. What are the risks and complications of Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery complications include:
- Blood clots
- Lung or breathing problem
- Excessive bleeding
- Leakage in your intestinal system
- Rarely reactions to anesthesia
Sometimes you may have risks which are long term and few of them are the following:
- Bowel obstruction
- Hypoglycemia (low levels of glucose)
- Perforation of the stomach
- Dumping syndrome
3. Can bariatric surgery cure diabetes?
Bariatric surgery cannot cure diabetes but definitely helps in controlling it. Since obesity is the major problem for diabetic patients, with the help of bariatric surgery the body weight can be reduced which will help in controlling diabetes.
4. Who are the best surgeons for Bariatric Surgery?
Any doctor who is a qualified Gastroenterologist who has experience or training in bariatric surgery is allowed to perform this procedure.
5. Is Bariatric Surgery safe?
Any medical surgery has complications and risks associated with it. So, bariatric surgery also has few complications and risks when compared to other types of methods for weight loss. Hence, it is well suggested by many of the doctors to reduce body weight.