A fish allergy is not exactly the same as a seafood allergy. Seafood includes both fish (like tuna or cod) and shellfish (like lobster or clams). Even though they both fall into the category of "seafood," fish and shellfish are biologically different. So shellfish will not cause an allergic reaction in someone who has a fish allergy unless that person also has a shellfish allergy. People with a fish allergy might be allergic to some types of fish but not others. Although most allergic reactions to fish happen when someone eats fish, sometimes people can react to touching fish or breathing in vapors from cooking fish. A fish allergy can cause a very serious reaction, even if a previous reaction was mild. A child who has a fish allergy must completely avoid eating fish. Sometimes an allergist can test for allergies to specific types of fish, but until the culprits are known, it's best for someone with a fish allergy to avoid all fish. Fish allergy can develop at any age. Even people who have eaten fish in the past can develop an allergy. Some people outgrow certain food allergies over time, but those with fish allergies usually have that allergy for the rest of their lives. When someone is allergic to fish, the body's immune system, which normally fights infections, overreacts to proteins in the fish. Every time the person eats (or, in some cases, handles or breathes in) fish, the body thinks these proteins are harmful invaders. The immune system responds by working very hard to fend off the invader. This causes an allergic reaction, in which chemicals like histamine are released in the body. The release of these chemicals can cause someone to have these symptoms: wheezing, trouble breathing, coughing, hoarseness, throat tightness, stomachache, vomiting, diarrhea, itchy, watery, or swollen eyes, hives, red spots, swelling, a drop in blood pressure, causing lightheadedness or loss of consciousness. Some reactions can be very mild and involve only one system of the body, like hives on the skin. Other reactions can be more severe and involve more than one part of the body. Anaphylaxis can begin with some of the same symptoms as a less severe reaction, but then can quickly worsen, leading someone to have trouble breathing or to pass out. If it is not treated, anaphylaxis can be life threatening. To prevent allergic reactions to fish, your child must not eat fish. Your child also must not eat any foods that might contain fish as ingredients.
No special preparation is needed for Allergy Fish Radio Immunoabsorbent Skin. Inform your doctor if you are on any medications or have any underlying medical conditions or allergies before undergoing Allergy Fish Radio Immunoabsorbent Skin. Your doctor depending on your condition will give specific instructions.
|UNISEX||All age groups||A wheal and flare reaction of atleast 3mm indicates that the patient is allergic to the substance|