Fennel is native to southern Europe (where it has been popular since Mycenaean times), and is common there and in Britain, Ethiopia, the Middle East, the Far East, the Caribbean, and parts of South America. It has a broad, bulbous base that is treated like a vegetable. Common fennel is the variety from which the oval, greenish-brown Fennel seeds come. Fennel may commonly induce symptoms of food allergy in sensitised individuals. Allergic symptoms may occur in children. Fennel allergy in children may result in symptoms of food allergy and/or atopic dermatitis. Fennel is an herb that has been used as an herbal remedy for various gastrointestinal conditions and as a spice in food. Fennel is also commonly used in natural insect repellents. An allergic reaction to fennel can form from ingesting the herb as a dietary supplement or using the herb topically on the skin. If you develop any adverse reaction while using fennel, call your doctor and discuss your symptoms. In rare cases, fennel could cause anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction. If you take fennel as an oral supplement, an allergic reaction can transpire internally causing various symptoms. Typically most symptoms develop within minutes of taking a fennel supplement. You may become dizzy, lightheaded and feel faint. Symptoms related to your respiratory system may include difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, sinus congestion, runny nose, postnasal drip and chest tightness. You may develop diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, bloating and gas. Ingesting fennel can also cause skin reactions after it has been ingested. An allergic reaction to fennel occurs because your immune system doesn
No special preparation is needed for Allergy Fennel Radio Immunoabsorbent. Inform your doctor if you are on any medications or have any underlying medical conditions or allergies before undergoing Allergy Fennel Radio Immunoabsorbent. Your doctor depending on your condition will give specific instructions.
|UNISEX||All age groups||Increased IgE (>100kU/l) is seen if the person is allergic to the specific substance|