Crab is a potent allergen, sometimes causing dramatic manifestations, such as anaphylaxis. Shellfish allergy is an abnormal response by the body's immune system to proteins in certain marine animals. Shellfish include marine animals with shells, such as shrimp, crab, oysters and lobster, as well as squid and scallops. Some people with shellfish allergy react to all shellfish; others react to only certain kinds. Reactions range from mild symptoms - such as hives or a stuffy nose to severe and even life-threatening. If you think you have a shellfish allergy, talk to your doctor. Tests can help confirm the allergy so you can take steps to avoid future reactions. All food allergies are caused by an immune system overreaction. In shellfish allergy, your immune system mistakenly identifies a certain protein in shellfish as harmful, triggering the production of antibodies to the shellfish protein (allergen). The next time you come in contact with the allergen, your immune system releases histamine and other chemicals that cause allergy symptoms. There are several types of shellfish, each containing different proteins: Crustaceans include crabs, lobster, crayfish, shrimp and prawn. Mollusks include squid, snails, clams, oysters and scallops. In severe cases, shellfish allergy can lead to anaphylaxis, a dangerous allergic reaction marked by a swollen throat (airway constriction), rapid pulse, shock, and dizziness or lightheadedness. Anaphylaxis can be life-threatening. If you have a shellfish allergy, the only way to avoid an allergic reaction is to avoid all shellfish and products that contain shellfish. Even trace amounts of shellfish can cause a severe reaction in some people.
No special preparation is needed for Allergy Crab Radio Immunoabsorbent Skin. Inform your doctor if you are on any medications or have any underlying medical conditions or allergies before undergoing Allergy Crab Radio Immunoabsorbent Skin. Your doctor depending on your condition will give specific instructions.
|UNISEX||All age groups||A wheal and flare reaction of atleast 3mm indicates that the patient is allergic to the substance|