1. Can I exercise if I have knee pain?
The regime of exercise depends upon the severity and fundamental cause of knee pain. If knee pain is moderate, then you can do light, non-weight-bearing and stretching exercises. Avoid heavy, vigorous and weight-bearing exercises.
2. What are the causes of knee pain?
The causes of knee pain are as follows:
- Knee bursitis
- Arthritis or gout
- Patellofemoral pain
- Knee ligament injury
- Patella dislocation
- Meniscus tear
- Bone tumours, infection
3. What treatments are available for the management of knee pain?
Treatments options available for the management of knee pain are:
- Pain-relieving medications
- Surgical options such as arthroscopic surgery, knee replacement
4. Do I need surgery for the treatment of knee pain?
The fundamental cause of knee pain and its severity are major deciding factors for surgery. If you have deep injury, severe arthritis, then you will need surgical options such as arthroscopic surgery, partial or total knee replacement.
5. Is knee replacement surgery useful for knee pain?
Yes, knee replacement surgery is useful for knee pain in the conditions like osteoarthritis. An artificial joint made up of metal alloys in the surgery replaces the damaged portion of the knee.