1. What is skin peeling?
Skin peeling, also known as chemical peeling, is the process of removing the outer layer of the skin from the face, neck and hands using chemicals.
2. What causes peeling of the skin?
Skin peeling is done to improve the skin texture or appearance. After the treatment, the skin becomes smoother and wrinkle-free. It can help manage dark spots, brown spots, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, etc.
3. Is skin peeling?
Yes, you can make peels at home with the following ingredients:
(1) Salicylic acid-containing tablet dissolved in water and lemon juice
(2) Lemon and orange juice boiled and thickened with gelatine.
4. Is there any special care to be taken post skin peeling?
Following measures should be taken after skin peeling:
(1) Use ice packs
(2) Keep the skin moisturised with creams or lotions
(3) Avoid exfoliators or makeup products for a few days
(4) Apply broad-spectrum sunscreen in the daylight
5. Can i consult my family doctor for skin peeling treatment?
No, you need to see a dermatologist for cosmetologist for skin peeling treatment-related advice and queries.