93 doctors available in Pune
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Is fatigue a symptom of an underlying disease?
Yes, it can be a symptom of some underlying disease. Some of the diseases that may lead to fatigue include:
- Heart disease
- Brain injury
- Lung disease
However, other factors, like stress, may also lead to fatigue.
2. What other symptoms are associated with fatigue?
The following symptoms are generally associated with fatigue:
- Headache and dizziness
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Loss of appetite
- Mood swings
- Blurred vision
- Poor concentration
- Poor immunity
3. What are the causes of fatigue?
Wide range of factors may lead to fatigue and include:
- Medical conditions like anemia, hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, heart disease or diabetes
- Emotional and workplace factors like stress, depression, anorexia, etc.
- Lifestyle factors like alcohol or drug abuse, and lack of physical exercise
4. Can depression lead to fatigue?
Yes, depression leads to long-term sadness and hopelessness, which leads to tiredness and fatigue. Depression is one of the most common psychological factors causing fatigue.
5. When do I need to consult a doctor for fatigue?
When the fatigue is affecting your quality of life, causing distress and affecting your regular chores, you should consult a doctor to identify the underlying cause. If the fatigue is worsening without any change in your lifestyle, then it is cause for concern.