1. What is the cost of Lumbar Puncture?
Minimum expenses for Lumbar Puncture in Pune starts from Rs. 800
Average amount to be paid for Lumbar Puncture in Pune is approximately Rs. 2000
Maximum charges for Lumbar Puncture in Pune rises up to Rs. 3500
Cost of Lumbar Puncture depends on factors such as:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Age of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-procedure complications that are involved
- Type of hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc.
2. Is Lumbar Puncture Permanent?
Lumbar puncture is a diagnostic procedure and is often temporary.
3. Can Lumbar Puncture be detected in future?
A lumbar puncture cannot be detected in the future as it is a normal diagnostic procedure and will often heal without a scar.
4. Is Lumbar Puncture painful?
Every procedure comes with a certain level of pain and some discomfort. You won't be experiencing pain during this process because you will be given an anesthesia to numb the pain.
5. What are the indications of Lumbar Puncture?
Lumbar puncture is indicated for the following conditions:
- Measuring or relieving the cerebrospinal pressure.
- Cerebrospinal fluid collection for disease diagnosis.
- Injection of contrast dyes for imaging and visualization of the brain and spinal cord.