Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What is skin peeling?
Skin peeling is a skin treatment in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to be traeted. The solution causes the skin to blister and peel off eventually, revealing new skin underneath.
2. What causes peeling of the skin?
Skin peeling is done to get rid of dead and damaged skin. The new skin resulting from the treatment is less wrinkled and smoother. Skin peeling also helps get rid of mild scars and pigmentation.
3. Is skin peeling?
Yes, you can do skin peeling at home. You should stop using any tretinoin-based products a week before applying the chemical peel. You can buy chemical peel products, which contain lactic acid, mandelic acid, glycolic acid, trichloroaceitic acid, and salicylic acid. However, you should do this only if you have thorough knowledge of how long to do it, etc.
4. Is there any special care to be taken post skin peeling?
After a skin peel treatment, follow the following steps:
• Wash your face with cool water. Avoid hot or warm water
• Hydrate and moisturize
• Apply SPF 30 sunscreen
• Avoid steam rooms, dry saunas
• Avoid working out strenously
• Do not over exfoliate your skin
•Avoid being out in the sun for the next 2-3 days
5. Can i consult my family doctor for skin peeling treatment?
You should consult a dermatologist or cosmetologist for skin peeling treatment.