Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Ankur Das

Dr. Ankur Das

Claim this profile

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics



12 Years Experience Overall  (12 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Ankur Das is an Orthopedist in Sector 110, Noida and has an experience of 10 years in this field. Dr. Ankur Das practices at Yatharth Superspeciality Hospital - Noida in Sector 110, Noida. He completed MBBS from B.R.D medical college Gorakhpur in 2001 and MS - Orthopaedics from King George medical university Lucknow in 2007.He is a member of Delhi Orthopedic Association. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Lower Extremity Wound Care, Foot Drop, High-Risk Wound Care, Heat Therapy Treatment and Diabetic Foot CheckUp etc.

Sector 110, Noida

Yatharth Superspeciality Hospital


Plot Number NH 01, Gautam Budh Nagar, Landmark: Near 110 Market, Noida

Get Directions

Mon - Sat

11:30 - 02:00
07:00 - 08:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



MBBS - B.R.D medical college gorakhpur, 2001
MS - Orthopaedics - King George medical university lucknow, 2007


Delhi Orthopedic Association


30534 Delhi Medical Council, 2006
Report an Error

Get the free Practo App