1. Is it a permanent condition?
Yes. Celiac disease is a permanent condition.
2. What is the cause of celiac disease?
Celiac disease can occur for a number of reasons including pregnancy, childbirth, viral infections, severe emotional stress and certain genetic traits passed on through heredity.
3. Do I need surgery to cure celiac disease?
No. Surgery is not necessary for celiac disease. A carefully planned diet that does not include gluten is helpful in avoiding a reaction.
4. What dietary changes do I need to make for celiac disease?
You need to avoid any and all foods that have gluten throughout life. Foods, such as barley, wheat, bulgur, durum, graham flour, rye, spelt, malt and semolina among others must be completely avoided.
5. Can ayurvedic medicines be useful for celiac disease?
Yes. Ayurveda has various medications to help with the treatment of celiac disease.