Frequently Asked Questions
What is Breast Implant surgery and its indications?
Breast Implant Surgery is recommended to reshape and resize the breast to restore or enhance the breasts cosmetically or the breast tissue was removed due to any reasons like cancer, tumors, or congenital defects.
Breast implants are indicated in the following conditions like
- Cosmetic enhancement or breast reconstruction
- Congenital defects like breast aplasia, asymmetrical breasts, underdeveloped breast tissue, hypoplasia, etc.
- Replacing implants
What can be the advantages of Breast Implant Surgery?
Some of the advantages of Breast Implant surgery:
- Increases the volume and adds the desired curves to the breast which appear natural
- Fuller and firmer breasts
- Correcting asymmetrical breasts
- Can boost self-confidence in cancer survivors
What is the required preparation for Breast Implant Surgery?
- Inform the doctor regarding present and past medical and medication history.
- Health status of the patient may be evaluated before undergoing this surgery/procedure.
- Discuss with the doctor about risks, complications, and benefits associated with breast implants.
- Before the surgery, the patient may be required to sign a consent form.
What are the steps included in Breast Implant Surgery?
Breast Implant Surgery includes the following steps:
- Implants will be inserted under or over the breast tissue through incisions made by the surgeon.
- The patient will be under anesthesia to numb the pain and vitals like heart rate, blood pressure will be monitored.
- Incisions required will depend on the size and shape of the implant needed to be placed and adjusted accordingly and closed with sutures and sterile bandages.
What is the care taken after Breast Implant Surgery?
The patient must follow a few pieces of advice suggested by the doctor after Breast Implant Surgery like :
- Use medications as prescribed by the doctor to avoid pain or infections.
- Dressings of the implanted area should be removed by your doctor only.
- Prefer to wear loose and comfortable clothes.
- Follow the diet to boost healing and immune system.
- Prefer sleeping on your back.
Who is the right specialist to perform Breast Implant Surgery?
- Plastic surgeon
- A cosmetic surgeon
What is the cost of Breast Implant Surgery in Mumbai?
Some factors may affect the cost of Breast Implant Surgery in Mumbai and they are:
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Health condition of the patient
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
- Patient age
- Type of surgery planned to be performed.
- Type of hospital
- Area of the body to be treated
- Doctor fee
- Admission fee
- The admission room that you opted for
- Type of implants used
Minimum charges in Mumbai starts from Rs.60,000
Average cost in Mumbai is approximately Rs.1,44,000
Maximum price in Mumbai may rise up to Rs.2,80,000
What type of people can choose Breast Implant Surgery?
People with conditions like aplasia, mastectomy, asymmetrical or underdeveloped breasts, or women who had undesirable results after using other options like fat grafting, pills, and creams, etc. can choose breast implants.
What type of people cannot choose Breast Implant Surgery?
People with the following conditions cannot choose breast implants like:
- Individuals who already had a fat grafting method.
- Few breast implants are not recommended if the age is less than 18 yrs or 22 years.
- Heart diseases, infections, and a weak immune system.
What are the risks and complications of Breast Implant Surgery?
Following are the risks and complications of Breast Implant Surgery:
- Difficulty in breastfeeding
- Numbness or loss of sensation of nipples and area surrounding the implants
- Skin rashes
- Swollen lymph nodes may be noticed.
- Uneven shape and size of the breast even after the surgery
- Hardening of the area of the breast surrounding the breast implants
- Rupture, misplacement or extrusion of the implant
- Disappointing presentation of the breast after surgery
What is the required time to complete Breast Implant Surgery?
It takes 2 to 3 hours to complete the surgery
What is the success rate of Breast Implant Surgery?
The overall success rate of breast implants depends on the following factors:
- Health condition of the patient
- Experience of the surgeon
- Patient age
- Type of surgery performed
However, the success rate of breast implants can be 50- 70%.
Is Breast Implant Surgery a permanent procedure?
Breast Implant Surgery is temporary and implants should be removed from the body after a few years
What are the options to look after the failure of Breast Implant Surgery?
In case of a failed Breast Implant Surgery, the doctor may suggest the following:
- Removal and replacing better or compatible breast implants.
- Scar tissue removal surrounding the breast implant area.
- Revision surgery
What can be the alternatives for Breast Implant Surgery?
Alternatives to Breast Implant Surgery for reshaping and resizing the breast are
- Fat grafting
- Breast lift surgery
- Pills and creams may increase the volume of breasts