Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the causes of pancreatic cancer?
The accurate cause of pancreatic cancer is yet to be ascertained. However, the common risk factors are as follows:
- Smoking or alcoholism
- Obesity or old age
- Family history of pancreatic cancer
- Chronic pancreatitis
2. What are the symptoms associated with pancreatic cancer?
The symptoms associated with pancreatic cancer are as follows:
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Fatigue or depression
In the case of metastasis, there can be other systemic symptoms involved based on the involvement of organs.
3. Are there any treatment measures for pancreatic cancer?
The treatment measures for pancreatic cancer are as follows:
- Chemotherapy or targeted drug therapy
- Surgical procedures like partial or complete removal of pancreas
- Palliative treatment
4. Is pancreatic cancer life threatening?
Yes, pancreatic cancer can have lethal consequences if it is not diagnosed and treated at an early stage due to its severe complications. The survival rate in pancreatic cancer is very low since it is often detected at an advanced stage when cancer has spread to other organs.
5. What is the duration of treatment of pancreatic cancer?
It depends upon the metastasis status and stage of cancer. Chemotherapy can last for about 6–12 months.