Frequently Asked Questions
What is Varicose Veins Treatment?
Varicose Veins Treatment involves surgical removal of Varicose veins. Varicose veins are the enlarged, swollen and twisted veins which are commonly in blue or dark purple in color. This happens when the blood flows in the wrong direction. The risk factors for varicose veins are overweight, individuals above 50 years, menopause, etc. There are different types of Varicose Veins Treatment. They are:
- Ligation and Stripping
- Endovenous laser treatment
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Transilluminated powered phlebectomy
What are the advantages of Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are the advantages of Varicose Vein Treatment:
- This will make you feel better about the appearance
- Involves less pain
- Increases mobility
What are the indications of Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are the indications of Varicose Vein Treatment:
- To treat symptomatic varicosities
- To treat venous hypertension after subcutaneous tissue change
- To treat swelling, aching, and pain in the legs due to varicose veins
- The heaviness of the legs especially at night
- For cosmetic purpose
- Swollen ankles
- Venous eczema
- Restless legs syndrome
What is the preparation for Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are the preparation steps for Varicose Veins Treatment:
- Follow all the instructions given by the doctor or surgeon.
- Take food and drinks as instructed by the doctor.
- The patient may be asked to stop eating and drinking for at least 6 hours before the procedure.
- In case you are using any medications, inform your doctor about it and take them as directed.
- Meet your Anesthesiologist after scheduling your surgery date.
- Your Anesthesiologist may ask you to undergo a few tests before your surgery. Be ready with those test reports prior to the day of surgery.
What is the postprocedure care/recovery care for Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are the post-care steps for Varicose Veins Treatment:
- In most cases, the patient can go home after a few hours of the surgery.
- Take ample rest.
Who can perform Varicose Veins Treatment [Right specialist type for Varicose Veins Treatment]?
Varicose Veins Treatment can be performed by doctors who practiced Phlebology and also
- General surgeon
- Vascular surgeon
What is the cost of Varicose Veins Treatment?
Cost of Varicose Veins Treatment depends on factors such as:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Type of hospital
- Age of the patient
- Type of procedure
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as scanning, etc.
The minimum cost of Varicose Veins Treatment in India starts from Rs.1,10,000
An average cost of Varicose Veins Treatment in India is approximately Rs.1,34,000
The maximum cost of Varicose Veins Treatment in India is up to Rs.1,80,000
Is Varicose Veins Treatment a major surgery or minor surgery?
Varicose Veins Treatment is considered minor surgery. This mostly depends on the type of surgery performed.
What is the eligibility criteria for Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are the eligibility criteria for Varicose Vein Treatment:
- Superficial thrombophlebitis in a large superficial varicose vein(s)
- Severe pain and discomfort
- Superficial insufficiency
- Changes in the skin
What is the ineligibility criteria for Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are the ineligibility criteria for Varicose Vein Treatment:
- Active infections
- Allergic to anesthesia
- Allergic to chemicals that are introduced
What are the risks and complications associated with Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are the risks and complications involved with Varicose Veins Treatment:
How long does it take to complete Varicose Veins Treatment?
The duration of the Varicose Veins Treatment may depend on the type of treatment that is performed.
What is the recovery time?
The recovery time depends on
- Age of the patient
- Health condition of the patient
- Type of treatment
What is the success rate of Varicose Veins Treatment?
The success rate may vary according to the type of treatment that is performed by the doctor.
Is Varicose Veins Treatment painful?
The amount of pain depends on the type of procedure. Every surgery comes with a certain level of pain and some discomfort. You won't be experiencing pain during this process because you will be under anesthesia.
Is Varicose Veins Treatment permanent?
Varicose Veins Treatment is considered permanent. But in very rare cases they may re-appear due to many factors like age, menopause, etc.
What are the long-term results of Varicose Veins Treatment?
The long-term results of Varicose Veins Treatment are the relief from the symptoms, improved appearance, etc.
Can Varicose Veins Treatment be detected in future?
Varicose Veins Treatment cannot be detected in the future.
What are the options if Varicose Veins Treatment fails?
If one of the Varicose Vein Treatments fails, then the doctor may advise the other type of treatment in Varicose Vein Treatment.
What are the alternatives for Varicose Veins Treatment?
The alternatives for Varicose Vein Treatment are as follows:
- Exercise or physical activities like cycling, yoga, walking, swimming, etc
- Compression stockings
- Massage with essential oils or plant extracts
- Dietary changes
- Non-restrictive clothing