Frequently Asked Questions
What is Varicose Veins Treatment and its indications?
Varicose veins are enlarged, swollen and twisted veins which are commonly in blue or dark purple in color. They are removed by using a few surgical methods like Ligation and Stripping, Endovenous laser treatment, Radiofrequency ablation, Sclerotherapy, Transilluminated powered phlebectomy. Varicose veins may occur when the blood flow is obstructed or flows in the wrong direction. Overweight individuals, individuals above 50 years of age, menopause, etc are at risk of developing varicose veins.
Varicose Veins Treatment is indicated during conditions like:
- Restless legs syndrome
- To treat symptomatic varicosities
- For cosmetic use
- To treat venous hypertension after subcutaneous tissue change
- To treat swelling, aching, and pain in the legs due to varicose veins
- The heaviness of the legs at night
- Venous eczema
What can be the advantages of Varicose Veins Treatment?
Some of the advantages of varicose veins treatment are:
- Better appearance
- Increased mobility
- Less pain
What is the required preparation for Varicose Veins Treatment?
- Before undergoing the surgery, the medical condition of the patient will be checked by the doctor.
- Inform your doctor about any medication use and do not stop without informing your doctor.
- A few lab tests or other examinations may be recommended by the doctor to the patient.
- Follow the diet as instructed by the doctor.
What is the care taken after Varicose Veins Treatment?
The patient must follow a few pieces of advice suggested by the doctor after Varicose Veins Treatment surgery/procedure like :
- Take ample rest
- Regular wound dressing
- Visit the doctor for regular follow-ups
Who is the right specialist to perform Varicose Veins Treatment?
Varicose Veins Treatment can be performed by
- Vascular surgeon
- General surgeon
What is the cost of Varicose Veins Treatment in Mumbai?
Some factors may affect the cost of Varicose Veins Treatment in Mumbai and they are:
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Age of the patient
- The admission room that you opted for
- Type of hospital and procedure
- The medical condition of the patient
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as scanning, etc.
Minimum charges in Mumbai starts from Rs.1,21,000
Average cost in Mumbai is approximately Rs.1,47,400
Maximum price in Mumbai may rise up to Rs.1,80,000
Is Varicose Veins Treatment a major surgery or minor surgery?
Varicose Veins Treatment is often a minor surgery.
What type of people can choose Varicose Veins Treatment?
People with the following conditions can choose Varicose Veins Treatment
- Changes in the skin
- Superficial thrombophlebitis in a large superficial varicose vein(s)
- Superficial insufficiency
- Severe pain and discomfort
What type of people cannot choose Varicose Veins Treatment?
People with the following conditions cannot choose Varicose Veins Treatment
- Active infections
- Allergic to anesthesia or chemicals that are introduced
What are the risks and complications of Varicose Veins Treatment?
Varicose Veins Treatment has the following risks and complications like
What is the required time to complete Varicose Veins Treatment?
The time required to complete Varicose Veins Treatment can vary depending on the type of treatment performed.
What is the recovery time from Varicose Veins Treatment?
Recovery time from Varicose Veins Treatment depends on the health condition of the patient and other factors like age of the patient, type of treatment, etc.
How much time does a patient take to recover from Varicose Veins Treatment?
The factors that affect the success rate of Varicose Veins Treatment are:
- Patient age
- Health condition of the patient
- Experience of the surgeon
- Type of surgery or procedure performed
However, the success rate of varicose veins treatment may vary according to the type of treatment performed.
Does Varicose Veins Treatment cause pain?
You may experience a bit of pain and some discomfort after the procedure.
Is Varicose Veins Treatment a permanent procedure?
Varicose Veins Treatment is considered permanent. But in very rare cases they may re-appear due to many factors like age, menopause, etc.
What are the long-term goals of Varicose Veins Treatment?
The long-term results of Varicose Veins Treatment are the relief from the symptoms, improved appearance, etc.
Can Varicose Veins Treatment be detected in the future?
Varicose Veins Treatment cannot be detected in the future.
What are the options to look after the failure of Varicose Veins Treatment?
If one of the Varicose Vein Treatments fails, then the doctor may advise the other type of treatment in Varicose Vein Treatment or revision surgery.
What are the alternative methods or procedures for Varicose Veins Treatment?
Alternatives for Varicose Veins Treatment are the following:
- Exercise or physical activities like cycling, yoga, walking, swimming, etc
- Compression wears
- Massage with essential oils or plant extracts
- Dietary changes
- Non-restrictive clothing
- Posture correction while sitting or standing