Frequently Asked Questions
What is Varicose Veins Treatment?
Varicose Veins Treatment involves surgical removal of Varicose veins. They are enlarged, swollen and twisted veins which are commonly in blue or dark purple in color. This happens when the blood flow is obstructed or flows in the wrong direction. The risk factors for varicose veins are overweight individuals and individuals who are above 50 years, menopause, etc.
There are different types of Varicose Veins Treatment. They are:
- Ligation and Stripping
- Endovenous laser treatment
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Transilluminated powered phlebectomy
what are the benefits of Varicose Veins Treatment?
Following are some benefits of Varicose Veins Treatment:
- This will make you feel better about the appearance
- Involves less pain
- Increases mobility
What are the indications of Varicose Veins Treatment?
Following are the indications of Varicose Vein Treatment:
- To treat symptomatic varicosities
- To treat venous hypertension after subcutaneous tissue change
- To treat swelling, aching, and pain in the legs due to varicose veins
- The heaviness of the legs especially at night
- For cosmetic purpose
- Swollen ankles
- Venous eczema
- Restless legs syndrome
What is the preparation required for Varicose Veins Treatment?
- Follow all the instructions given by the doctor or surgeon.
- Follow the diet as instructed by the doctor.
- The patient may be asked to stop eating and drinking for at least 6 hours before the procedure.
- Inform your doctor about any medication use and do not stop without informing your doctor.
- Meet your Anesthesiologist after scheduling your surgery date.
- Health condition of the patient may be evaluated before undergoing this surgery.
What is the post-procedure care for Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are the post-care steps for Varicose Veins Treatment:
- In most cases, the patient can go home after a few hours of the surgery.
- Take ample rest.
Who can perform Varicose Veins Treatment?
Varicose Veins Treatment can be performed by doctors who practiced Phlebology and also
- General surgeon
- Vascular surgeon
What can be the cost of Varicose Veins Treatment?
Following factors may affect the cost of Varicose Veins Treatment in Hyderabad:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Type of hospital
- Age of the patient
- Type of procedure
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as scanning, etc.
Minimum cost in Hyderabad starts from Rs.1,10,000
Average price in Hyderabad is approximately Rs.1,34,000
Maximum expenses in Hyderabad rise up to Rs.1,64,000
Is Varicose Veins Treatment a major surgery or minor surgery?
Varicose Veins Treatment is considered minor surgery. This mostly depends on the type of surgery performed.
Who can undergo Varicose Veins Treatment?
Following are the individuals who can undergo Varicose Veins Treatment:
- Superficial thrombophlebitis in a large superficial varicose vein(s)
- Severe pain and discomfort
- Superficial insufficiencyChanges in the skin
Who cannot undergo Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are the ineligibility criteria for Varicose Vein Treatment:
- Active infections
- Allergic to anesthesia
- Allergic to chemicals that are introduced
What are the complications and risks involved in Varicose Veins Treatment?
Following are the risks and complications of Varicose Veins Treatment:
How long does it take to complete Varicose Veins Treatment?
The duration of the Varicose Veins Treatment may depend on the type of treatment that is performed.
What is the recovery time of Varicose Veins Treatment?
Recovery time from Varicose Veins Treatment depends on the health condition of the patient and other factors like; the age of the patient and type of treatment.
What is the success rate of Varicose Veins Treatment?
Following factors may affect the success rate of Varicose Veins Treatment:
- Patient age
- Health condition of the patient
- Experience of the surgeon
- Type of surgery or procedure performed
The success rate may vary according to the type of treatment that is performed by the doctor.
Does Varicose Veins Treatment cause pain?
The amount of pain depends on the type of procedure. Every surgery comes with a certain level of pain and some discomfort. You won't be experiencing pain during this process because you will be under anesthesia.
Is Varicose Veins Treatment a permanent procedure/surgery?
Varicose Veins Treatment is considered permanent. But in very rare cases they may re-appear due to many factors like age, menopause, etc.
What are the long-term effects of Varicose Veins Treatment?
The long-term results of Varicose Veins Treatment are the relief from the symptoms, improved appearance, etc.
Can Varicose Veins Treatment be detected in the future?
Varicose Veins Treatment cannot be detected in the future.
What are the options if Varicose Veins Treatment fails?
If one of the Varicose Vein Treatments fails, then the doctor may advise the other type of treatment in Varicose Vein Treatment.
What can be the alternatives for Varicose Veins Treatment?
The following are the alternatives for Varicose Veins Treatment
- Exercise or physical activities like cycling, yoga, walking, swimming, etc
- Compression stockings
- Massage with essential oils or plant extracts
- Dietary changes
- Non-restrictive clothing
- Posture correction while sitting or standing