Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the symptoms of diphtheria?
Some of the symptoms of diphtheria include:
1. A sore throat and voice hoarseness
2. Rapid or difficult breathing
3. Fever and chills
4. Swollen glands in the neck
5. A thick, grey membrane covers your tonsils and throat
2. How does diphtheria spread?
Diphtheria spreads from one person to another through respiratory droplets by sneezing or coughing.
3. Do I need to be hospitalized if have diphtheria?
Yes. You will need to be hospitalised if you have diphtheria because it is communicable, and you can pass it on to others around you.
4. Which treatment options are available for diphtheria?
Treatment options for diphtheria include taking booster injections and medications.
5. Can diphtheria be passed to the growing baby during pregnancy?
If you take the Tdap vaccine for diphtheria, no major issues will arise for the growing baby.