Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the common treatments of dyslipidemia?
Common treatments for dyslipidemia include use of medications like statins, fibrates, niacin and ezetimibe. Besides medications, certain lifestyle changes can also help in dyslipidemia like exercise, healthy diet which includes plenty of fruits, green leafy vegetables, whole grains and proteins. Reduction in weight helps in dyslipidemia.
2. Can medicines help eliminate excess lipid in the body?
Yes, medicines can help eliminate excess lipids in the body. These medications are
- Statins like rosuvastatin, simvastatin, atorvastatin
- Bile acid sequestrants
3. What are the various treatment options for dyslipidemia?
Various treatment options for dyslipidemia are
- Medications like statins, fibrates, niacin, bile acid sequestrants and ezetimibe
- Exercise, reduction in body weight
- Healthy diet which includes plenty of fruits, green leafy vegetables, whole grains and proteins
4. Is dyslipidemia curable with treatment?
Dyslipidemia can be adquately controlled if treatment is started early and combination of pharmocological drugs and lifestyle measures is used.
5. Can a cardiologist help me in treating dyslipidaemia?
Yes, a cardiologist can help you in treating dyslipidemia. Hyperlipidemia is a risk factor for many cardiovascular diseases and hence, a cardiologist can give drugs for management of hyperlipidemia to prevent a range of cardiovascular diseases.
Special Interest in Diabetology